The Roanoke Region’s beer scene has exploded. The excitement surrounding Deschutes Brewery and Ballast Point Brewing, plus the success of regional breweries and their concentration in the area has given rise to a micro-economy centered on craft beer. Roanoke features commercial and self-guided beer tours, and lots of beer and spirits festivals, including the largest beer festival in the state – Microfestivus.
And there’s always fun on tap with live music, food trucks, and even things for the kids to do at many of the region’s craft breweries. Many also host cornhole tournaments, trivia nights, and a variety of festivals.
Brews coming out of Roanoke also garner praise and medals at competitions throughout the country. Plus, more than 50 establishments in the urban core have craft beer on tap and brew pubs regularly host professional networking events.
Breweries in the Region
- Ballast Point Brewing Company: International Parkway, Troutville
- Deschutes Brewery Roanoke Tasting Room – opening summer 2017: 315 Market St. SE, Roanoke
- Deschutes Brewery – coming soon: Roanoke Centre for Industry and Technology
- Starr Hill Pilot Brewery & Side Stage – opening Summer 2017: 6 Old Whitmore Avenue, Roanoke
- Parkway Brewing Company: 739 Kessler Mill Road, Salem
- Sunken City Brewing Company: 40 Brewery Drive, Hardy
- Chaos Mountain Brewing: 3135 Dillons Mill Road, Callaway
- Flying Mouse Brewery: 221 Precast Way, Troutville
- Big Lick Brewing Company: 135 Salem Ave, SW, Roanoke
- Soaring Ridge Craft Brewers: 523 Shenandoah Ave. NW, Roanoke
- Twin Creeks Brewing Co.: 111 S. Pollard St., Vinton
- Hammer & Forge Brewing Company: 70 Main Street, Boones Mill
- White Rock Brewery: 2117 Bruno Dr., Goodview
- Bull & Bones: 1470 South Main St. Suite 120, Blacksburg
- Right Mind Brewing (Lefty’s Main Street Grill & Brewery): 1410 South Main Street, Blacksburg
- Right Turn, Clyde Brewing: 300 A Main Street, Narrows
- Rising Silo Farm Brewery: 2351 Glade Road, Blacksburg
- River Company Brewery: 6633 Viscoe Road, Fairlawn
- Apocalypse Ale Works: 1257 Burnbridge Rd. Forest
- Great Valley Farm Brewery: 60 Great Valley Lane, Natural Bridge
- Devils Backbone Outpost: 50 Northwind Lane, Lexington
- Blue Lab Brewery: 123 South Randolph St., Lexington
Brewers in the Roanoke Region are earning major kudos for producing some of the most tasty beer in the state. A number of area breweries have reaped multiple awards from the Virginia Craft Brewers Fest. The annual festival includes more than 80 breweries from all over Virginia each August.