The Roanoke Region is a community of awesome people, places, events, and culture. And we want people all over the region to see and experience everything out there that they can.
To do that, we invite you to share experiences in Alleghany, Botetourt, Franklin, and Roanoke counties; the cities of Covington, Roanoke, and Salem; and the town of Vinton through our Twitter Takeover program.
Sign up to tweet from the Roanoke Regional Partnership’s @get2knownoke account for a week. We’ll change our avatar to your picture and let everyone know that you’re doing the tweeting.
Our goal is to bring your voices to our Twitter account to show even more people what it’s like to live, work, and play in the Roanoke Region.
You’ll have to agree to a few ground rules, and you can’t use the program to sell anything. If you want to request a specific week to tweet, that’s fine, too.
APPLY TODAY. (It only takes a couple of minutes.)
Not sure what you would tweet about? We can help you with that.
- Sights and sounds of the Roanoke Region, dining experiences, events and your favorite parts of the day.
- Memories of the Roanoke Region. Why you live, work and play in Roanoke and what that means to you.
- Career-related activities, hobbies and interests of your own.
- Re-tweets! Help Get2KnowNoke connect with your network in the Roanoke Region as well. But please stick to retweets that are not political and are PG in nature.
- Suggestions for things to do in the area that you think others would be interested in.
Here are a few hashtages that we love:
- #rke for Roanoke
- #roanokeoutside for outdoor-related activities
- #runblueridge for running-related activities
- #blueridgeday for anything related to the region