Three Roanoke Region breweries earned major praise at the annual Virginia Craft Brewers Fest in Nelson County for producing some of the best beverages in the state.
Parkway Brewing earned three medals, including a gold for 4 Damn Fights to a Pint (Imperial IPA), Chaos Mountain Brewing won gold as well for Agents of Chaos (Belgian Strong Ales), and Sunkern City Brewing brought home two silver medals.
The competition included more than 300 beers from 60 Virginia breweries. “Virginia’s craft brewers are creating some of the highest quality products and most memorable experiences in the United States,” said Brett Vassey, president and CEO of the Virginia Craft Brewers Guild, which presented the awards.
Here’s the breakdown of Roanoke Region winners:
Parkway Brewing Company
- Imperial IPA GOLD: 4 Damn Fights to a Pint
- Porter BRONZE: Raven’s Roost Baltic Porter
- Specialty SILVER: Gose Both Ways
- Belgian Strong Ales GOLD: Agents of Chaos
- Light American Ale SILVER: Crooked Road Cream
- German Wheat Beer SILVER: Nachthexen
Make sure to try these beers when you visit a Roanoke Region brewery. You can find the full list of winners from the Virginia Beer Trail.