Roanoke Region breweries earned major praise at the 5th Annual Virginia Craft Brewers Fest in Nelson County for producing some of the best beverages in the state.
Parkway Brewing earned two medals, Chaos Mountain Brewing earned an honor, and Sunken City Brewing brought home three medals.
The competition included 85 Virginia breweries that were honored at the festival on Aug. 20. Here’s the breakdown of Roanoke Region winners:
- Specialty and Experimental Beets FIRST: FloydFest Hi-Test
- Specialty IPA THIRD: Factory Girl Session IPA
- Belgian Strong Ale THIRD: Agents of Chaos
- German Pils and International Lager FIRST: Dam Lager
- Specialty IPA FIRST: Red Clay IPA
- American Dark Ale SECOND: The Columbian Coffee Stout