Governments throughout the Roanoke Region have made CARES Coronavirus funding available to small business grants.
Each locality has different guidelines and grant amounts, ranging in cash grants from $5,000 to $15,000 in one-time funding. Some of these programs opened in the past few weeks and applications are open.
You can learn more about the program in your jurisdiction and see rules and eligibility requirements here:
- City of Salem Small Business Grant Program
- Roanoke County Small Business Assistance Grant
- Franklin County Small Business Grant Program (opens PDF)
- Botetourt County Business Grant Program
- Alleghany Highlands Small Business Grant Program
- City of Roanoke Small Business Grants
Rebuild! VA is has a statewide grant program to help small businesses and non-profits whose normal operations were disrupted by COVID-19, including restaurants, brick and mortar retail, exercise and fitness facilities, personal care and personal grooming services, entertainment and public amusement establishments, and campgrounds.
Businesses and non-profits that are approved for a Rebuild VA grant may receive up to 3 times their average monthly eligible expenses up to a maximum of $10,000. Learn more and apply.