The Roanoke Regional Partnership is looking for someone to enhance and grow their program focused on talent outreach strategies, partnerships, communications, and marketing to attract talent for our region and its employers. The Partnership has already changed the region’s narrative to that of an active, outdoor mecca through the work of the Roanoke Outside Foundation. This is an opportunity to leverage that narrative to attract and retain top talent in the Roanoke region.
This position calls for someone who is good at creating connections with academic institutions, employers, public sector partners, students, and other stakeholders. Best candidate relishes the challenge of building a program from the ground up, is a creative yet strategic thinker, and a self-motivator who won’t shy away from constructing plans and setting goals.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: This is a full-time position with benefits and requires related experience in talent programs and services, workforce development, talent recruitment, project management, economic development, communications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to produce digital marketing content (blogs, social posts, newsletters) focused on career opportunities, livability advantages, etc. in the Roanoke Region of Virginia.
- Interface with Partnership investors and highlight career opportunities to benefit investor companies.
- Maintain and create content for Get2KnowNoke social media and website.
- Serve as a member of the Roanoke Regional Partnership business investment team working in conjunction with business attraction staff.
- Assist with connecting prospective companies with talent and workforce services to ensure competitiveness when attracting new business.
- Maintain working relationships with talent and workforce divisions of local, regional, and state partners including community colleges, colleges/universities, VEDP Talent Accelerator, Virginia Career Works Blue Ridge, and others.
- Organize annual Experience conference and summer internship program for regional businesses.
- Represent the Roanoke Regional Partnership at conferences and events targeted to specific occupations/geographies where there is opportunity to attract talent.
- Maintain connections with academic departments in the larger region’s 25 colleges and universities that have programs in demand among regional employers.
- Identify and utilize marketing channels that reach audiences such as boomerang talent, college students, remote workers, and others.
- Maintain files on interactions with businesses in a customer relations management platform.
- Work with partners in Virginia Career Works on developing a cohesive talent attraction, talent retention, and talent development strategy to strengthen the regional economy.
- Provide private employers, partners in local government and workforce development informational tools and resources towards the goals of talent attraction and retention.
- Serve as a part of the regional business resource team involving partners in economic development at the local, state, and regional levels as well as partners in workforce development.
- Identify and engage young professionals who have chosen Roanoke to build a talent ambassador network.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders, such as academic institutions, employers, business associations, and work-force preparation entities to identify and implement opportunities for enhanced collaboration and information sharing.
- Determine benchmarks for assessing success of the talent attraction and retention plan and establish data collection processes to monitor progress towards clearly articulated, measurable goals.
- Experience in leading/convening projects and developing/designing talent management strategies with stakeholders, business leaders, business organizations or associations.
- Current knowledge of workforce strategies including talent attraction and retention.
- Current knowledge of economic development and business retention and expansion practices.
- In depth-problem solving and creative ability including technology expertise.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate its impact on the local/regional economy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to summarize problems and to think creatively regarding potential solutions.
- Understanding of the mission and goals of the Roanoke Regional Partnership.
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Deadline to apply is July 30, 2021.