Summit View Area
- Character: Along US 220 a major north-south four-lane divided highway between Roanoke, Virginia, and Greensboro, North Carolina. Part of a commercial corridor of retail and service businesses. Includes Summit View Business Park a 550-acre business park and recreational area. Part of the Tobacco Region of Virginia and eligible for related incentives.
- Key Assets: High-traffic frontage property for commercial and retail as well as large, prepared sites for office and industrial development.
- Opportunity Zone Census Tract #: 51067020500
- 30-Minute Drive Quick Facts (2019):
- Total Population: 150,269
- Population Growth 2010-2019: 3.53%
- Population Per Square Mile: 315.5
- Median Age: 42.7
- Median Household Income: $51,035
- Average Household Income: $72,282
- HS Diploma or Higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor’s or Higher: 29.7%
- Total (NAICS11-19) Businesses: 6,724
- Total Housing Units: 71,284
- Owner Occupied Housing Units: 39,042
- Median Home Value: $191,138
- Average Home Value: $257,026
- Water and wastewater: Western Virginia Water Authority
- Natural gas: Roanoke Gas Co.
- Electricity: Appalachian Power
- Fiber: MBC/CenturyLink/Shentel
- Transportation: US 220, commercial airport, Amtrak
- Master Plan: Find it here
- Federal, State, Local Incentives Available: Tobacco Region Opportunity Fund, Franklin County Business Grant
- Nearby businesses: ValleyStar Credit Union HQ, Stik-Pak Solutions, Virginia Furniture Market, Dollar General, Tractor Supply, Sheetz, Connor-Bowman Funeral Home, Windy Gap Power Equipment, Dairy Queen
- Recent investments: Franklin County has invested $36,000,000 in roads, utilities, graded pads, and amenities in Summit View Business Park. New facilities by Sheetz, Dollar General, Stik-Pak Solutions, and ValleyStar Credit Union headquarters.
Franklin County Economic Development