The Roanoke Region’s beer scene has exploded. The success of regional breweries and their concentration in the area has given rise to a micro-economy centered on craft beer. Roanoke features commercial and self-guided beer tours, and lots of beer and spirits festivals, including the largest beer festival in the state – Microfestivus.
And there’s always fun on tap with live music, food trucks, and even things for the kids to do at many of the region’s craft breweries. Many also host cornhole tournaments, trivia nights, and a variety of festivals.
Franklin County is the Moonshine Capital of the World and there are also a number distilleries in the region.
Breweries in the Region
- Starr Hill Pilot Brewery & Side Stage: 6 Old Whitmore Avenue, Roanoke
- Parkway Brewing Company: 739 Kessler Mill Road, Salem
- Chaos Mountain Brewing: 3135 Dillons Mill Road, Callaway
- Big Lick Brewing Company: 409 Salem Ave, SW, Roanoke
- Golden Cactus Brewing: 214 5th St SW, Roanoke
- Twisted Track: 523 Shenandoah Ave, NW, Roanoke
- Three Notch’d Craft Kitchen & Brewery: 24 Campbell Ave. SE, Roanoke
- Barrel Chest Wine and Beer: 2601 Franklin Road, Roanoke
- Twin Creeks Brewing Co.: 111 S. Pollard St., Vinton
- Twin Creeks Brewpub: 1 Old Salem Turnpike, Roanoke
- Hammer & Forge Brewing Company: 70 Main Street, Boones Mill
- A Few Old Goats Brewing: 515 8th St. SW, Ste. 228, Roanoke
- Olde Salem Brewing Company: 21 E. Main St., Salem and Downtown Roanoke
- Jack Mason’s Brewing: 400 E. Ridgeway St., Clifton Forge
- Bull & Bones: 1470 South Main St. Suite 120, Blacksburg
- Beliveau Farm Brewery: 3899 Eakin Farm Road, Blacksburg
- Right Mind Brewing (Lefty’s Main Street Grill): 1410 South Main Street, Blacksburg
- Iron Tree Brewing Company: 5 Roanoke Street, Christiansburg
- Rising Silo Farm Brewery: 2351 Glade Road, Blacksburg
- River Company Brewery: 6633 Viscoe Road, Radford
- Long Way Brewing: 501 2nd St, Radford
- Apocalypse Ale Works: 1257 Burnbridge Road, Forest
- Beale’s Brewery: 510 Grove Street, Bedford
- Great Valley Farm Brewery: 60 Great Valley Lane, Natural Bridge
- Heliotrope Brewery: 128 South Main Street, Lexington
- Devils Backbone Outpost: 50 Northwind Lane, Lexington
- Brady’s Distillery: locally made and sourced spirits in Roanoke
- Five Mile Mountain Distillery: is located in Floyd County and offers small batch spirits
- Franklin County Distilleries: offers White Label Corn Whiskey and is featured in their tasting room in Boones Mill.
- J.H. Bards Spirit Co.: is located in Radford and sourcing from southwest Virginia
- Roosters Rise-N-Shine Distillery: is located in Hardy, VA
- Twin Creeks Distillery: is located in Franklin County and offers a little history in every bottle.