The Roanoke Region of Virginia is a place people want to be. And we are building a great big pipeline from colleges to employers. We are connecting businesses to resources for talent. The region is becoming a destination for talent and opportunity. Those are just a few of the reasons you should Get2KnowNoke.
- The Roanoke Region of Virginia ranks as a top Place Millennials Can Afford and Actually Want to Live In (Penny Hoarder) and one of the Best Cities for New Grads (GoodCall). Plus no long commutes.
- There are too many breweries in the Roanoke Region to choose just one. The region boasts over 20+ craft breweries and 13 wineries. Happy hour, anyone?
- Live in a downtown loft where you can walk or bike to work, nightlife, or to run an errand. Or hop on the 30+ miles of greenway that take you all around the region just for fun.
- How do 600 miles of biking and hiking trails sound? Virginia’s largest lake. The Appalachian Trail. Or Virginia’s largest rivers. Yep, they’re all here. (Find it all at from Roanoke Outside.)
- Lots of smart people are doing brainy things at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute, RAMP Accelerator, GE Digital, PowerSchool, and other brilliant enterprises. They’re all looking for brains like yours.
Let’s keep the conversation going.
Want to know more?
The Roanoke Region of Virginia is a budding hot-spot for businesses and young professionals, thanks to a naturally awesome setting with the Appalachian Trail, Blue Ridge Parkway, James River, and Smith Mountain Lake right in your back yard. The region is home to 600 miles of trails, 22 miles of urban greenways, 24 rivers and creeks, 300,000 acres of national forest, and the second-largest municipal park in the United States (Carvins Cove).
More than a dozen wineries and 20+ breweries take advantage of breathtaking panoramas that last through four temperate, active seasons. Nature is the backdrop to an enviable quality of life that has received numerous accolades as a best place to raise a family, best place for jobs and careers, best place to retire, and best outdoor town.
And did we mention low cost of living? Every dollar you earn in the Roanoke Region goes farther with the 39th lowest cost metro in the nation. (Home ownership is within your reach.)
Want to chat in person? Email Erin, director of talent solutions. She’d love to hear from you.