The Roanoke Region is the medical center of western Virginia, serving an estimated 650,000 people and offering state-of-the-art cardiac and cancer diagnosis and care, as well as a Level I Trauma Center and more. The region is served Carilion Clinic and the HCA Virginia-LewisGale Regional Health System, as well as a Veterans Administration facility.
Carilion Clinic is a premier non-profit health care system in the region offering everything from physician practices to world class hospitals. Carilion Clinic is also a leader in medical research with the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in downtown Roanoke.
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital is the region’s largest hospital and a major teaching affiliate of the University of Virginia. The hospital is well-recognized for its superior cancer center, Level I trauma center, and the implementation of cutting-edge biotechnology. The hospital has emergency air transportation, a rehabilitation center, and a cardiac care center ranked in the nation’s top 100.
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital provides services in cardiac care, emergency, rehabilitation, and services for women.
HCA Virginia Health System
- LewisGale Medical Center is the largest facility in the LewisGale Regional Health System provides the full scope of healthcare services of a regional referral center. Specialties include heart and vascular care with an accredited chest pain center and cutting edge technology such as the superDimension i-Logic system for detection of early stage lung cancer.
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany provides a range of services including cardiac rehab, orthopedics, physical therapy, mental and behavioral health, and general surgery.
Other Health Care Resources
There are a variety of alternative health care options available in the Region for our veterans and for those who have unique health issues.
- Veterans Administration Center is a tertiary referral center and teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and extended care.
- Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare provides mental health services at various facilities throughout the region in providing quality service for mental health, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders.