The Roanoke Region is the medical center of western Virginia, serving an estimated 650,000 people and offering state-of-the-art cardiac and cancer diagnosis and care, as well as a Level I Trauma Center and more. The region is served Carilion Clinic and the LewisGale Regional Health System, as well as a Veterans Administration facility.
Carilion is a premier non-profit health care system in the region offering everything from physician practices to world class hospitals. Carilion Clinic is also a leader in medical research with the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in downtown Roanoke.
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital is the region’s largest hospital and a major teaching affiliate of the University of Virginia. The hospital is well-recognized for its superior cancer center, Level I trauma center, and the implementation of cutting-edge biotechnology. The hospital has emergency air transportation, a rehabilitation center, and a cardiac care center ranked in the nation’s top 100. 1906 Belleview Ave., Roanoke
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital provides services in cardiac care, emergency, rehabilitation, and services for women. 180 Floyd Ave., Rocky Mount
LewisGale Regional Health System – HCA
- LewisGale Medical Center is the largest facility in the LewisGale Regional Health System provides the full scope of healthcare services of a regional referral center. Specialties include heart and vascular care with an accredited chest pain center and cutting edge technology such as the superDimension i-Logic system for detection of early stage lung cancer. 1900 Electric Rd., Salem
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany provides a range of services including cardiac rehab, orthopedics, physical therapy, mental and behavioral health, and general surgery. Exit 21 off I-64 between Clifton Forge and Covington, Low Moor
Other Health Care Resources
There are a variety of alternative health care options available in the Region for our veterans and for those who have unique health issues.
- Veterans Administration Center is a tertiary referral center and teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and extended care. 1970 Roanoke Blvd., Salem
- Blue Ridge Behavorial Healthcare provides mental health services at various facilities throughout the region in providing quality service for mental health, intellectual disability, and substance use disorders. 3517 Brandon Ave., Roanoke