Job Listing: Part-Time Content Developer
The Roanoke Region is looking for someone to help tell the region’s story of innovation, outdoor recreation, and talent attraction through content development. This part-time position (not to exceed 30 hours per week) is responsible for content creation and marketing support of all aspects of the Roanoke Regional Partnership program of work. Best candidate will have strong knowledge of electronic publishing, social media, website management, copywriting, and design. Position is temporary with an expectation of 12-month term of employment with a potential extension of another 12 months.
The position will report to the office for most hours worked with the exception of time spent at after-hours events. The position will report on a flexible schedule not to exceed 30 hours per week with the majority of hours worked during the typical business day.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
WORKS WITH: Directors of research, talent attraction, and business investment; Senior Director of Creative Strategies and Executive Director.
- Contribute content to RRP websites for effectiveness. Assist in maintaining current information including data, copy, photos, and graphics. Requires working with team members who provide/create data. Websites include:
- Write and work with contributors to create e-newsletter content for the RRP Investor Insider (monthly Investor newsletter), Roanoke Outside Weekend Update (bi-weekly on Wednesday mornings), Get2KnowNoke, Developer’s Insights (email marketing to consultants/developers/brokers), and event-focused newsletters.
- Represent RRP at various community after-hour and weekend events, not to exceed two per month.
- Write and create content for social media by creating 10 unique posts per week across Roanoke Regional Partnership, Get2KnowNoke, and Roanoke Outside brand channels.
- Shoot and edit videos and reels.
- Provide support to staff as needed on marketing projects.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Familiarity with databases and email management programs.
- Familiarity with WordPress sites.
- Experienced and skilled in graphic design.
- Familiarity in social media content creation and best practices (Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter)
- Background knowledge in Google ads preferred
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Basic understanding of marketing principles and advertising techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Self-motivator with ability to approach job responsibilities from an entrepreneurial perspective and operate with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in capabilities of the Internet.
- Understanding of the mission and goals of the RRP.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in all job responsibilities.
- Strong networking abilities with demonstrated ability to build connections and productive working relationships.
- $20-25 per hour, not to exceed 30 hours per week
- Laptop provided
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid parking
- Paid entry into after-hour events, races, festivals, etc.
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Deadline to apply is November 29, 2022.